
The person who has lived the most is not the one who has lived the longest, but the one with the richest experiences.~Jean-Jacques Rousseau
I am the second daughter and second child in a family of six siblings. I have amazing brother's and sisters who shared my childhood and became my friends. I have three brothers (one of Japanese descent) who are good men, with good hearts, and the desire to take care of their families and give them a better life. I have two sisters who have tied their heartstrings to mine - we are alike in so many things and yet we compliment each other with our differences. I am grateful to all of them for being such an important part of my life. We shared so much as we grew up and I am grateful for the memories of warm summer nights playing night games, using our imaginations to build fantasy worlds out of apple crates, riding bikes, baseball games, ice cream trucks, ward carnivals, camping trips to Beaver, UT, fishing, swimming, running through the sprinklers, the lilac bush in the back yard, climbing fences, laying out on the garage roof, laughing till we cried, putting on plays, and so many other wonderful remembrances. We were so blessed to have each other!
I will always hold these memories and so many others in my heart. I knew that I could always count on these special brothers and sisters to be there when I needed them. They have pulled me up when I have been discouraged and down, they have allowed me to cry on their shoulder when things got tough, they have laughed with me when I needed to feel their joy, they have been great examples to me of patience, endurance, strength, loyalty, honesty, and most of all love.
I am grateful to have each one of them in my life:
Lori - my older sister, protector, confidant, singing partner, example of patience and strength, fun to be with, artistic, smart (she has a degree), and most of all my very dear friend. We have known each other the longest and have an amazing history that we share. I love you so much!
Tom - a great sense of humor, determination, a great memory, Tom could always remember and tell the best jokes, he also always had great ideas of things we could do - you were never bored when Tom was around. He is a wonderful father - I love you and miss you Tom!
Randy - The strong, quiet type. Randy has a tender heart and loves animals - he was always a great example to me of unconditional love. He is an amazing husband and father - he works well with his hands - and he has great faith. I am proud to call him my friend and brother.
Mitsugu - What a great brother - he came into my life after I was married but he has taught me so much about faith, believing in yourself, working hard, and sacrificing for the things you love and believe in. I am blessed to have Mitsugu in my life!
Cindy - Sometimes I think that Cindy and I made a pact in heaven that we would take care of each other when we came to this earth. She is 10 years younger than me and you would think that I would be the one who would be taking care of her. Although it started out that way - Cindy has ended up taking care of me and being a very important part of my life. She is smart, savy, has great ideas, and is filled with the desire to do good and serve others. She is an amazing example to me and I am blessed that we have such a special bond of love and friendship.
As you can see I am so blessed to be part of an amazing family and I am very grateful today for my siblings and for the love that we share.
No comments:
Post a Comment