Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Snowmobiling and Ice Fishing

 This past Saturday we were sick and tired of the gray cold air that we had been breathing for over 2 weeks - we were ready for a change.  So Ray suggested we hook up the snowmobile and go to Scofield ice fishing.  I was all for it!  Hooray for the chance to see blue sky, sunshine, and to be able to breathe some air that you didn't have to chew first.  We loaded up and headed out.  Here is Ray getting everything secured down for the long drive.
 As you can see we were successful in finding some sunshine and clean air.  It was a beautiful day - a little wind some high clouds and a good thick layer of ice on the lake.  It took Ray a while to drill through the ice and snow.  He said that he got his strength training workout for his arms that day!  LOL!
 Here is our great set-up to get us out on the lake - our cute green snowmobile, the great sled, the amazing enclosed box that protects all of our stuff and the chance to have everything we need out on the ice.  Look at the blue sky in the background....HEAVEN!
 If you count the day successful by the number of BIG fish you catch you would have been disappointed on this day.  This is one of two little fish that we caught...But this wasn't the only reason we went; we had a beautiful fun day together!  We really had a GREAT time!
 After we fished for a couple of hours we decided to head back to the parking lot unhook the sled and get some riding in on the snowmobile.  This is Ray going full throttle - he got it up to 60 mph.  I'm not that brave I only got it up to 40 and it felt like I was screaming across the snow!  LOL!
 Here's Ray getting closer - I decided to take some artsy pictures of him getting closer and closer.
 I didn't have the telephoto lens set right but you can see the speed as he approached!
 Look at that handsome snowmobile rider!  And what a great looking snowmobile!  There is something so amazing about skimming over the snow with it billowing behind you and the cool air whipping past you.  It is so much fun and very exhilarating!  I loved it!!!
Here is the sun setting on the mountains as we headed into the valley.  You can see the smog starting to encroach on us again.  Gratefully the air has cleared out with a couple of good storms since Saturday...hopefully it will stay that way and we won't have many more red alert days in the valley.  I love living in Utah - so many beautiful places - I have to remind myself of that when we have these inversion days.  I am grateful that just a few minutes away we can find relief in our beautiful mountains.  Happy January!

No comments: