Friday, April 1, 2011

A Letter to Someone Who Has Hurt You

I have tried for a couple of days to think of someone I would like to write a letter to who has in some way hurt me and I found that I couldn't really think of anyone.  Sure I have been hurt in the past but that is the whole issue - the past is the past.  I don't hold grudges and I do try to forgive and forget.  So instead of focusing on the negative I have decided to pick a few people who have done something good and positive for me instead.

First of all I would like to thank Mrs. Larsen my 4th grade teacher.  She was an amazing teacher who knew exactly how to inspire and motivate 4th graders.  I learned so much in her class and I am still using some of those lessons in my life today.  She taught us to love our country, our state, and to truly enjoy geography.  She taught us to take pride in our handwriting, and to make our reports look good.  She inspired me to write poetry and she knew exactly how to give constructive criticism.  I am grateful that she helped me love to learn.  Thank you Mrs. Larsen.

Second I would like to thank my Primary teacher Mrs. Dudley.  Mrs. Dudley was somewhat feeble and struggled to make it to church every week - she walked with a cane and I know it took a lot of effort.  One thing that Mrs. Dudley taught me was the worth of one.  There were only three of us in that Primary class and very often I was only one - she never missed a class and she always prepared an amazing lesson.  She also invited us to her home and would teach us to bake, garden, and she tried to teach me to crochet doilies - I didn't have her patience.  I appreciate the self esteem and self worth that Mrs. Dudley instilled in me.

No comments: