I have had so many wonderful and fun things happen since my last post in July - I am so sorry that things have gotten so busy and that I have not had time to download all of my pictures from my camera - I promise myself that this weekend I will get my pictures in order and really take some time to blog about all of the great things that have happened in the past few months.
Until then I just wanted to take a few minutes to wish all of my family and friends a very Happy Thanksgiving. I am so grateful for each and every person in my life. I am so blessed. I have a roof over my head, good food to eat, and a warm bed to sleep in at night. I am surrounded by people who love me and bring joy to my life each and every day. I have a good job and I am healthy so I can work every day to help support me and my family. I live in an amazing country where I have the freedom to worship, speak, work, play, and find ways to excel to my highest potential. I enjoy this freedom because of the sacrifice of so many people. I have amazing ancestors who paved the way for me to be in this country and to have the life that I love so much. I was raised by wonderfu parents who taught me good values and who loved me unconditionally. I am blessed to be a mother and grandmother - both amazing opportunities that have taught me great things about myself and have given me the opportunity to love unconditionally. I have an amazing husband who loves me in spite of my faults and who is my cheerleader, my support, my sweetheart, and my very best friend! I have great faith in a higher power who is my Heavenly Father and in His son Jesus Christ who has created all that I enjoy and has allowed me to be here on this beautiful earth at this time and in this place. Everything I have is because of Their love for me.
So on this Thanksgiving eve I give thanks for all that I have and all that I am! I hope that you too will take some time to find gratitude in your heart for the bounteous blessing that touch your life each and every day.
I have a favorite story about a homeless woman in New York. She was sitting outside of one of the great museums in New York as the sun was going down on a cool autumn evening. A young man was sitting on a bench not too far from her - thinking of all the stress that he had endured that day and worrying about all of the things that he had charge over. As they sat there the sun started to set and they both beheld a glorious sunset; just as the sky turned it's most beautiful colors of orange, pink, and red a flock of geese flew across the canvas that was the sky. It was a moment that took the breath away. As the young man watched this beauty unfold he heard the homeless woman speak in a voice filled with awe, "God, you spoil me."
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with gratitude and peace!
Cathy
No comments:
Post a Comment