Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I just want to say that I have the most amazing husband in the world!  I had a pretty crazy Monday yesterday and I got home later than usual.  As I drove into the driveway I couldn't help but notice that the witch Ray cut out of wood last year and had in our front yard was now mounted on an orange and black board with bats and rats and it was lit up with twinkle lights outlining the witch.  He must have spent a lot of time working on that yard display and I was duly impressed.  But the surprise did not stop there....

When Ray and I started dating I would sing him the song from "Guys and Dolls" called "A Bushel and a Peck"  It basically goes:
I love you,
A bushel and a peck,
A bushel and a peck,
and a hug around the neck,
Hug around the neck,
And a barrel and a heap,
Barrel and a heap,
And I'm talking in my sleep,
About you...

So over the past 35 years we have often sung this song to each other.  While Ray was out looking for supplies to finish the witch he came across a picture with the words:

I Love you
A Bushel and a Peck
And a Hug around the neck!

He bought it and hung it in our bedroom - he was standing in the bedroom and rushed over to give me a big hug then he turned me around until I noticed the sign.  It made me teary to think that he would go out of his way to get this wonderful picture that is a memory of the amazing relationship that we share.

It was so romantic and so unexpected.  What a blessing to have this wonderful man in my life!
Thank you sweetheart!

No comments: