I am finding that time is moving faster and faster and it seems like I have very little time to think about blogging and sharing the details of life...which sometimes is very sad!
A few weeks ago I was called to be the Relief Society President in my ward. I have been very overwhelmed as I move into this calling. But I have also been blessed to see how my wonderful family has stepped up to help me.
I can't say enough about Ray and his support. He has always been there for me whenever I have been involved in anything, and again he has truly stepped up and helped me in so many ways. I can't say enough about his willingness to do anything that is needed. He drives me to appointments in the dark, he helps me lock up the church when I have been there late, he helps with crafts and handouts, he fixes dinner when I only have a few minutes to eat and make it to a meeting, he listens when I am frustrated or excited about something, and he hugs me when I am discouraged or worried. I couldn't ask for a better support; he is truly my best friend!
I have three amazing daughters who have been willing to help me with projects, who give me great ideas, and who are willing to lend me crockpots, utensils, or anything that I might need at the moment. They have given of their time and talents and I can't thank them enough!
This has been an experience in uncharted waters and I feel so blessed to know that my family is there no matter what.
Another great blessing has been the experience of having wonderful Counselors and an amazing Secretary. These women are talented, have great ideas, and are willing to do whatever is needed. I know that this job would be impossible without them.
I look forward to this wonderful adventure and I hope that I will be up to the task. I know with the help of the Lord and so many wonderful people I can do anything.
I will post some pictures of the events that we are involved in right now as soon as I get a spare minute.
No comments:
Post a Comment