Thursday, January 24, 2008

I think I jinxed the weather by saying that I didn't want an inversion - today there has definitely been an ugly inversion. The weather report said that we should be getting a storm blowing through tonight - hopefully that will happen and the air will be crisp and clear tomorrow.

When the weather is like this it is hard to maintain a positive attitude - I have been working so hard today so this is the first chance I have had to lift my head and think about something other than benefits - I thought that I would glance outside and maybe take a huge cleansing breath. When I looked outside it was just gunky! YUCK! On the bright side it is 4:30 PM so I will be going home in just a few short minutes. Of course I think that I will probably be doing laundry tonight so I will go from work to more work.

Last night was so cold - we went to the Stake Center to give blood (one of our scouts arranged a blood drive for his Eagle Project), it was about 7:00 PM when we left to head back home - it was only a few steps from the door to the car and I was already chilled all the way through by the time we made it to the car. Ray said that the thermometer on the car read 17 degrees - we all thought it felt much colder than that. I think that MaKayla was pretty interested in the whole giving blood experience. She did tell me that she was glad she was too little to have her arm poked with a needle. When we left they had collected 70 pints of blood. I am always interested in the Eagle projects - this seemed like a very good project. I was also impressed with the other scouts in our ward - they were all there helping, it is so good to see them supporting each other and doing something so positive.

I am so happy that tomorrow is Friday - this week has seemed very long. There has been so much going on here at work and it doesn't seem to be letting up any time soon. I really look forward to the weekend. Of course once we are actually in the weekend it seems to go so fast - I still think that we should have a five day weekend and a 2 day work week! :D)

No comments: