Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Moving

Change is always a very difficult thing and it is especially difficult when you are expecting one thing and then you get another.

Last Friday we boxed up all of our belongings at work and headed to our new office just 4 blocks away. For months we have heard about the massive building, the amazing colors, the big restroom, the giant breakroom, and how amazing this new home is going to be.

Of course there are always hiccups when you move and there are usually problems with phones and computers...

Let me start off by saying that I love my desk and cubicle the colors are beautiful and the dark wood and black filing cabinets are sleek and impressive. I also have a beautiful new green chair that is extremely comfortable. I am also surrounded by many of the things that I had in my old cubicle that can help me feel more at home. So basically my little work station is great!

The problems that have arisen are many and some even comical. We don't have an air conditioning system that is up and running yet and since there are no blinds in any of the windows the heat in the building is almost unbearable.

The beautiful restroom with multiple toilets has two leaking toilets and a sink that doesn't work. So we are back to 2 stalls and 1 sink for a much bigger group of people.

The gorgeous break room doesn't have anything installed yet so we don't have a fridge to put our lunches in, we don't have a microwave to heat up our lunches, we don't have ice or cold drinks, and all of the boxes from our other break room are waiting patiently to be unpacked.

So there is heat and nothing to drink - not a good combination! I think that tomorrow on my way to work I will stop and get me a drink!!! :D) Now I have to think ahead.

The computers have been working but the printers were not - the electricians put in the wrong outlets so the printers had to be rerouted and now the IT department has to go to every individual computer and reroute the printers so we can print. I was "lucky" enough to be one of the first to get printing rights so now everyone is sending me their stuff to print! YIKES! I am busy.

The phones haven't been working either so that has put a real crimp in things - I think my phone has rung twice since I've been here - now almost 2 days. Not a good thing!

I'm sure once we get these "kinks" worked out this will be a beautiful place to work - Like I said, "I love my cubicle and all of the great new things that I am surrounded by!

I think I will go and get me a drink at the Sev!

No comments: