Monday, October 19, 2009

Vegas Weekend with the Utes

Kelli, Marc and Ray and I had a wonderful weekend in Vegas Cheering for the Utes and enjoying some time away. I forgot to take my camera when we went to see The Beatles Love at the Mirage on the first night so I don't have pictures but I want you to know it was AMAZING - If you can imagine acrobats, trapeze artists, dancers, jugglers, over the top scenery, costumes, and great music you can start to feel the excitement we experienced with this great production. If you get the chance to go and see it - DO IT!!! We loved it and we were very lucky that Kelli got us ticket on the Front Row! Thanks KJ! Here's Kelli before the game.

We ate pizza before the game at the Stratosphere - that the is hotel that we stayed at - Ray got us wonderful rooms on the 16th floor with jacuzzi's WOO HOO! We were so spoiled



Here's Kelli and Marc at UNLV's stadium.

We had a funny little guy take a group picture - he did great with the flash don't you think?


We were on the 8th row you can see how close to the field we sat


This is a picture of the scoreboard.




Here's Kelli and Marc at the game - Thanks Marc for not making a funny face!



Here's my handsome Ray and I cheering for the Utes!

After the half!

After the game we went to Freemont Street - this is part of the light show. It was a Halloween theme - there was plenty to see on Freemont Street - people watching is interesting to say the least! We saw some outfits that you wouldn't believe!


Here's the gang in front of the famous Vegas sign!






There was an aquarium in the Golden Nugget that had sharks in it - this is one of them.

Here's Kelli and I standing in front of the aquarium.




There was a casino called the Golden Nugget that had $1.99 shrimp cocktails - they were pretty big and very tasty especially at 2:00 in the morning! YIKES I can't remember the last time I was out that late. Here is Ray, Kelli, and Marc standing in line - we stood in a lot of lines in Vegas it was VERY crowded. I believe that about half of the people there were Ute fans!!




This is a spooky chair that was in the Main Street Station Casino's women's restroom. It was small and creepy - Kelli and I both thought it seemed haunted so we took a picture to see if we could catch a ghost sitting in it. LOL It was probably even more scary because it was so very late!
We had a marvelous time and truly enjoyed ourselves. Good company, good food, wonderful activites, and VIP treatment. Thanks Ray for the room and for planning the trip, thanks Kelli for getting us such amazing tickets, and thanks to Marc for keeping us all laughing! I can't wait until the next trip!

1 comment:

Patti :) said...

You guys are funny!! I love you!!