I had a couple of people ask me for the Almond Cake Recipe from St. Nicholas Day. I said that I would post it on my blog. If you have any questions call me.
2 squares butter
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. almond extract
Cream butter, sugar and eggs. Add baking powder to flour; add to creamed mixture. Add flavorings. Top with sliced almonds. (I used slivered almonds for the cake at the party)
Makes 2 round baking pans. Bake 35 minutes in a 350 degree oven. (Check at 30 minutes you don't want it getting too brown)
The St. Nicholas party was SOOOOO much fun! Thanks to everyone who helped make it so successful. The omelet bar was a GREAT idea and Ray and Randy were excellent cooks. Thanks to Casey for stepping out of his comfort zone and being so awesome! Thanks Cindy for organizing everything and for getting the yummy pastries - we need your boderleder recipe too! It was a total throwback to the early days YUM! What a great memory. Thanks to everyone who struggled with their poems - they were GREAT and the gifts were all perfect and amazing! What a great way to start off the holidays - with family, friends, and a wonderful tradition.
1 comment:
Thank heavens I have your talent for writing good poems pretty quickly. I am always sooo excited to hear my poems read. I had a blast I am soooo glad that we all can carry on this tradition for everyone's sake. I am so happy my kids get to enjoy this part of our family history.
Post a Comment