Sunday, July 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Ray!!

Tomorrow July 19th will be Ray's birthday. Last year for his birthday I gave him the chance to go skydiving. He LOVED it! So this year I needed to give him something that would be just as memorable. He has been talking for a number of year about going up in a sailplane or glider. I did a little research and found out that they give glider rides at the Heber Valley airport. So I reserved a time and set up the fun adventure.
This is the instructor getting the plane ready. There are wheels on the tips of the wings so you can push it around - since it doesn't have an engine moving the plane on the ground has to be done manually.

This is Ray getting his instruction on how to fly the plane once they are up in the air. I was allowed to go out on the tarmack and take these pictures.

Ray had the chance to not only go as a passenger but also have the chance to actually fly the plane once they were in the air. This is Ray's pilot, instructor, and new friend...Tom.

This is before the flight - notice Mt. Timpanogas in the background - it was a beautiful place and Ray had a GREAT experience. We didn't get any pictures of the actual flight because Ray took the camera and said that he was so interested in what was going on he forgot to take any pictures. LOL!!!

Here's another picture of Tom getting the plane ready. His partner was named Dave and he flew the Tow plane. Ray said that the weirdest sensation was when the tow rope was unhooked and they found themselves flying free with only the air currents to keep them aloft. YIKES!
I hope that Ray had a memorable experience - I've been so blessed to be Ray's wife and I am so grateful for all of the years that he has been a part of my life. He is an amazing man with a great zest for life and the desire to experience all that life has to offer. My sweet Ray have a wonderful Birthday and an amazing year!
Love you tons!
Cathy

No comments: