Thursday, August 5, 2010

UPDATE!

I'm a slacker...I haven't written an update for a while and lots of stuff has been going on. I was waiting to get some pictures downloaded but for now I will just give you the info and try to follow-up with pictures later.

This past weekend we took Melody and MaKayla fishing - I have some of the cutest pictures of them with their fish. I need to do a whole blog on that fun day! The highlights are as follows:
We had a sleepover (not much sleeping involved) on Friday and got up bright and early on Saturday to go fishing.
The girls loved to catch fish but didn't want anything to do with them once they were in the boat. LOL!!!
MaKayla caught the first and the most and Melody caught the biggest.
It was a really fun day and I loved seeing the difference between the boys and the girls when it comes to fishing!
Grandma and Grandpa had fun but we were VERY TIRED when the day was over. Kudos to our kids for being such good and patient parents.

We lost another chicken and gained two more. Oliver somehow got to another chicken and we had a fatality. I think the chicken flew over the enclosure - Ray thinks Oliver dug under the chicken wire - we aren't sure which scenerio is true since we weren't there to see it but the truth is another chicken died and we were SAD. So I quickly went to KSL.com and found some chickens for sale that were about the same age as our chickens. We were hopeful that we would find some to fit into our little flock. We picked up two new hens that were about a year old and brought them home. It took a little time but soon they were all sleeping in the same nesting box and playing nice in the yard.

This past Saturday I went out to put the chickens away for the night and right there in the enclosure was a white egg. We were told that all of these chickens lay brown eggs, except for one of the new chickens that is supposed to lay blue ones. So not only was I surprised to see an egg but I was surprised that it was white and that it was not in a nest. I took the egg inside - washed it off and put it in the fridge. The next day I hardboiled it and had a yummy treat! It was beautiful and DELICIOUS! I was excited!

Since then I have discovered two more eggs in the yard and yesterday I found one in the nest - so apparently the golf balls are working and the chicken is figuring out where the eggs need to be layed. I am hoping the other chickens will soon follow suit and start laying some brown and blue eggs so we can have Easter all year round! LOL!!!

Ray has been traveling all over this week - he went to Little America, WY, Cheyenne, Sun Valley, and Montana. He is amazing and carries a heavy load of responsibility - I am so proud of him and all that he does for me and our family. I really miss him when he is gone.

Patti had her van break down on her so it has been a blessing in disguise that Ray has been using the company truck and flying in the company jet so Patti could use his truck. She is on the lookout for a new vehicle. Keep your fingers and toes crossed that her house will sell!

We have been dog sitting Savannah for Kelli and Marc while they are on a Roethel Family Vacation in San Francisco. She is a funny dog - I have been running both dogs every other morning and yesterday I did something to my hip - I have been limping around and I found that I was having difficulty wearing heels to work. I have asked around for some input on what I should do to heal the hip and get running again and I had a lot of people tell me that they think I need new running shoes. So I went to SLC Running Company and had a Gait Test. They check your gait to see if you are pronating when you run and apparently I do (pronate that is). So I tried on about 10 pairs of shoes and found some Misuno Wave Nirvana 6 shoes that I fell in love with - they are over $100 so I called Ray and told him about them hoping I might get them for my birthday. If I don't I'll probably save up my pennies and go get them myself I really do think that they will help. In the meantime I am icing the hip and taking Ibuprophen - hopefully I will be feeling good enough to run by Saturday.

Pam has been watching Patti's boys three days a week so she has had 7 kids at her house (she is a saint) - I am so grateful that my girls like each other and take such good care of each other - they are amazing women. Kelli usually heads to Pam's house for a couple of hours on the days that Pam has the boys to give her some help - Pam has been missing her sister this week.

I am looking forward to a really fun and productive August - I can hardly believe that July is already behind us! We are planning a couple of camping trips this month and then Ray and I are heading to California with Pam and her family for a Disneyland vacation in September. Kelli and Marc are going to join us in San Diego and we are all going to go to Sea World and hopefully catch a Charger's game. It should be tons of fun!

I will try to get the pictures downloaded from the fishing trip in the next few days. Hope I can keep up a little better for the month of August. Hope everyone is enjoying the last few weeks of summer!

No comments: