Friday, February 17, 2012

I found my camera and other happenings of the past week!

Two weeks ago today my car started acting funny - I was driving to work and a little wrench light came on - then the little light that tells me the road is slippery - and then the ABS light.  It was like a Christmas tree on my dashboard.  I got to work and turned off the car then turned it back on and the lights were out.  Hmmm...

On my lunch hour I sometimes like to get a sandwich and then drive to Liberty Park to read.  It is a great diversion from the hustle and bustle of the work day; I really like to park by the Aviary and sometimes I get a treat and see some of the exotic birds.  It is a great way to unwind and gear up for the second half of my day.  Forgetting my fear of the morning light show - I jumped in my car and headed to Jimmy Johns for a delicious sandwich.  I drove to the park, ate my lunch and read my book.  Driving back to work everything seemed fine until I turned into the parking lot.  Then I heard a scraping sound and all of the lights immediately came back on.  The car lost power and just barely made it into the first parking spot.  Oh No!

I hurried into work and called Ray - "Something is wrong with the car", I said. Then after further explaination he decided to call a towing company and our mechanic.  The tow truck arrived but couldn't get into the parking lot;  I started the car and got enough power to drive it down the ramp and park it behind the tow truck (scraping and grinding all the way - YIKES!).  I watched as they loaded my sweet baby onto the truck and drove away.  Sigh... Ray arrived a little after 5:00 PM to pick me up and take me home. 

The mechanic said that something broke on the drive line and that they would have to order a new part so we could wait the week that it would take to deliver it or we could pay an extra $150 to have it overnighted.  Gratefully Ray has a little green Jeep that we take hunting that is street legal.  In fact it was Kelli's little green Jeep for many years and she drove it everywhere she went.  Of course it has aged a little and it has lost it's radio and rattles quite a bit as you drive on the freeway but it is a good little Jeep and I was glad to have it to get me to and from work so I didn't have to pay an extra $150.

Anyway...I drove the Jeep to and from work all of last week and Monday and Tuesday of this week.  On Wednesday we got word that my car was fixed - I was very happy (except that it cost us $600 - YIKES again!).  I got in my fixed car and was so happy to have a radio and to also have a really quiet and smooth ride.  I took the paperwork that we were given and opened the center console to stash it there.  The center console had a lot of CD's in it and some other stuff and nonsense so I started to clear a space for the paperwork and guess what?   I FOUND MY CAMERA!!!  

So I am very happy to be driving my beautiful Ford Explorer and to have my camera to take pictures of the great events and happenings in my life.

I don't have any pictures yet...I just found my camera on Wednesday - but I do have a long weekend coming up so who knows.  Stay tuned for further adventures. 

No comments: