The past few weeks have been intense as I have studied for my Insurance License. Let me preface this by saying that it has been a number of years since I have studied for a test and my confidence level was pretty low. The test consists of 150 questions in various areas of the insurance industry including: Insurance Regulation, General Insurance, Life Insurance, Annuities, Taxes, Accident and Health Insurance, Disability Insurance, Medical Plans, Dental Insurance, Medicare, and Long Term Care. To pass the test you must score 70% or better.
I was enrolled online with a group called Testteachers.com - this included a workbook, classroom videos, paper testing, and online testing. I have NEVER taken a course online and this was very intimidating. I have to say that although I was intimidated I loved every minute of the learning process. I forgot how exhilarating it can be to struggle with a concept and then grasp hold and truly be comfortable with the concept. I kept putting off the actual testing believing that I wasn't ready. Finally I decided that the only way to put to use the things that I had learned was to schedule the test and take it. What is the worst thing that could happen? I would fail and have to return to my studies and try again.
So this past Wednesday 2/22 - I took the test. This too was a new experience for me - going to a testing center and seeing the great lengths they go to to keep people from cheating. WOW! Sitting at my little cubie with a camera over my head and my picture displayed so the personnel there could make sure I was truly who I was supposed to be was crazy. I had to turn my pockets inside out before entering the room and I wasn't allowed to take anything with me into the testing center. Talk about intimidating!!!!
After the initial butterflies I settled down and found that I knew alot of the answers - I was gaining confidence with each new question. The moment of truth...I hit the finish button and my score flashed across the screen....
84% - YOU PASSED!
Hooray - I could finally breathe again. I am so grateful for this opportunity - it increased my confidence and helped me to believe in myself. I am also grateful for my sweet Ray and his confidence in me - he never let me waiver and always told me that I would succeed.
What a relief to have this over with and to be able to look forward to new opportunities. I think I might look for another challenge in the very near future!
No comments:
Post a Comment