Thursday, March 1, 2012

Gratitude Thursday!

I know I keep saying this but I just wanted to say again that I am truly the luckiest girl in the world!  As I blogged before Ray has been such an amazing support to me in everything I endeavor to do.  He also is my most supportive cheerleader and gives me the confidence to try things I never thought I would ever be able to do.  Just when I think that I have him figured out he surprises me...again!

Monday I forgot that my nail appointment had been rescheduled so I left work early and headed to the salon only to find that Jana was no where to be found.  I have been going to Jana to get my nails done for over 16 years and in that whole time she has never stood me up.  So I'm sure you can imagine that I was very nervous that something had happened to her.  I called her on my cell phone and the call went immediately to voicemail.  I left her a message and told her that I would wait for 15 minutes and hopefully she would call and let me know what was going on. 

To make a long story short after the 15 minutes I left and on the way home I received a call.  I had forgotten that we had rescheduled because they were going to be doing some remodeling on the salon.  I of course was embarassed when I realized that my appointment was really on Wednesday night. 

I hurried home and as I was walking in the door Ray yelled - don't come in yet - you aren't supposed to be home.  Of course my curiosity was peaked and I soon found out that while I was away Ray had gone to Costco and picked up a light fixture that I had been wanting for a couple of months.  He had it all installed but had not put the lights in yet.  What a great surprise and what a beautiful light fixture.  Ray is not only good at surprises but he is also very handy and he can change out a light fixture in a matter of minutes.  Once again...I am so lucky!

Yesterday (Wednesday) I had to go up to the U of U again to get fingerprinted for my Insurance License.  I really dislike having to go to the U or any college campus and trying to find a specific building.  This was always difficult when I was delivering singing telegrams (but that is another story) so that is probably why I have this phobia.  I asked Ray if he would meet me at work and take me up there for the fingerprinting.  He quickly agreed and I was so relieved. 

He also took me for my test last week so I wouldn't have to find parking and everything else when I was so nervous.  He dropped me off at work after the fingerprinting (a whole other blog) and I headed to my real nail appointment.  As I was leaving downtown SLC it started to snow - I made it to the appointment without incident and drove on wet roads.  But when I left an hour later there was 3 inches on the ground and it was snowing extremely hard.  I cleaned off my car - put it into 4 wheel drive and slowly made my way home.  Of course by the time I arrived I was more than a little bit stressed out. 

I opened the front door and immediately was engulfed in the most wonderful aroma.  I made my way to the kitchen and found Ray stirring a big pot of peasoup.  Ray makes the most amazing peasoup and on a cold snowy night after facing all of the stress of the day it was a very welcome surprise. 

These are just two of the many examples of things that Ray does for me on a daily basis.  I am so lucky to be married to such an amazing man!

I try to tell him how much I appreciate all that he does for me but I'm sure that sometimes I fall short in the recognition area; so Ray...THANK YOU for all you do and for all you are!  I am truly blessed!

No comments: