This past Saturday Ray and I celebrated our 35th Wedding Anniversary. I started thinking about all of the things that have happened to us over the past 35 years and it was interesting to note that although we have experienced ALOT it doesn't really feel like 35 years. LOL! I couldn't help but let my memory wander to that warm May evening...
We were supposed to arrive at the temple at 5:00 pm - I was there, but where was Ray? There is a gate at the entrance to the temple and I remember standing there looking for him and hoping that he hadn't changed his mind. At 5:15 I was pretty sure he had decided to leave me at the alter, but at 5:18 I spotted someone in a powder blue suit running down the street. As he came into focus I realized it was my handsome fiance. I was so happy to see him and so relieved that he was there.
For those of you who know Ray you will realize that this is very uncharacteristic - he hates to be late to anything! So you can imagine my distress when he wasn't there. After a quick discussion I found out that he had fallen asleep.
The wedding was amazing; although at that point Ray did forget the ring and we had to send someone to the lockers to get it (I was glad to note that he was a little bit nervous. LOL!).
Over the years we have had some wonderful experiences, we welcomed 3 beautiful daughters into our lives and hearts, we made it through some difficult job situations, had financial ups and downs, worked together, cried together, laughed together, and continue to live an amazing life together. We have been blessed with nine grandchildren and Ray finally has five boys. We enjoy camping, fishing, hunting, traveling, gardening, exercise, and all of the fun activities that we share with our children and grandchildren.
I can truly say that Ray is my best friend! I can't even begin to imagine what my life would be like without him!
So 35 years might seem like a big number but when we are looking at eternity it is only a really good start!
No comments:
Post a Comment