Wow! May has been a very busy month. I started a new job, Ray has been working in Sun Valley, we went on a little vacation with Kelli and Marc to watch their kids while they had a booth at the "What a Woman Wants Expo", we have been teaching our Sunbeam class (which is very enlightening), we celebrated Danny's birthday, we celebrated Mother's Day, and this past weekend we celebrated Memorial Day.






I missed my usual birthday greeting for Bracken so I'm going to write a little bit about this sweet little guy. First of all I have to say that he is the most loving little boy. He always runs in the house and the first thing he does is give everyone a hug and kiss. He then tells me he is hungry and wants to know if I have a treat for him. LOL! He loves Mickey Mouse and really enjoys watching Mickey on TV and playing video games that include Mickey. He is a Toy Story fan and loves Woody - Patti took him to see Disney on Ice and he received a wonderful Woody doll that he carries everywhere. He also loves his brothers and wants to be big like them. His eyes light up when they include him in their games or give him any kind of recognition. He has struggled with his speech but after a year of speech classes he is doing better every day. In the fall he will be starting pre-school where they will focus on getting him prepared for kindergarten. Bracken is a sweet wonderful little guy and we are lucky to have him in our family! Grandma and grandpa love you big 4-year old!

Ray and I also celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary on May 5th. We spent a few days in Sun Valley. I love that we still have so much in common and that we love to be together. I am so grateful for my sweetheart!
While we were in St. George I ticked a couple things off my bucket list. I did a zip line - YIKES that was crazy. I am petrified of heights. Standing on the ground it didn't look like it was that high - but once I actually climbed the stairs and stood on the platform my knees started to shake. I didn't know that you have to actually step off the platform - I guess I was waiting for the electric pully to move me forward. I screamed the whole way across and when I got to the other side my knees were shaking so badly I couldn't climb the step stool to have them unhook me. It took me about 20 minutes to get my heart rate back to normal. But hey...I did it!
The other thing we did was witness the moon/sun eclipse that actually has a full fire ring. It was amazing and since it only occurs once every 165 years I was glad we had the chance to see it.
Since tomorrow is the last day of May I wanted to take a few minutes and look back - this has been a really crazy and full month. I can see that I am truly blessed and that I have had the opportunity to experience and learn some new things. Now I'm looking forward to a fun filled June!
No comments:
Post a Comment