Thursday, June 26, 2008

Walking

As part of my new healthy lifestyle Kelli and I have decided that we will walk each night starting at 8:00 PM (during the summer) for an hour. We started our walk last night and took Savanna (Marc's dog) with us. The walk didn't start out too auspiciously as Savanna had other ideas - she wanted to run through the water in the gutter, and chase after any real or imagined creature that might cross our path. Needless to say Kelli had a hard time reeling her in. Savanna wrapped the leash around my leg and I have an owie on the back of my leg behind my knee. Rope burns are very painful! This little incident happend just 5 minutes into the walk.

Gratefully things got much better and when we actually hit the Jordan Parkway we were delighted to find that it was shaded and pretty cool. There were a few other people biking and walking but the silence and peace was wonderful. Savanna by this time had calmed down and we stopped only twice to give her a drink of water. I felt wonderful for the whole walk and it was a great accomplishment when we arrived back home and knew that we had walked a good mile+.

I decided that I need some new walking shoes - the ones I have don't give me near the support I need - so I guess today I will go online and start looking for some really good and sturdy shoes. Kelli purchased some new workout clothes to wear on our walks - but I think that I will stick to my levi shorts and a T-shirt.

Hopefully we can stick to this new routine and both of us will start to feel much more healthy. I will be more aware of Savanna and where her leash is!

Hooray for feeling better and for getting some much needed exercise!

No comments: