Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Shoes

Over the weekend I found myself on a mission to find the best walking shoes available. I wanted shoes that would give me arch support and also a great amount of comfort. This fits in to my new regimine to become healthier so I wanted some shoes that would encourage me to continue walking.

I bought a pair of Asics - I have never worn this brand of shoe before and I have to say that I was a little bit reticent to put them on and start walking without having the chance to break them in. I also felt a little bit nervous because the price for the shoes was amazing. Especially after researching walking, running, and cross training shoes on the Internet. Most of the really good shoes were $90 to $200 and the shoes that I ended up buying started on the Internet at $89 a pair. I found them at Famous Footwear for $48 - a HUGE difference.

There was also a pair of Nike shoes that I tried on that were so light you could hardly tell that you had them on - but as far as roominess and comfort they fell way short.

So...I purchased the more comfortable shoe and I am so glad that I did!

I put them on last night and started our hour long walk. No hot spots - plenty of room for my toes, light weight - no stress on my legs...Wow - I am impressed!

We even walked faster and cut 15 minutes off our time - thanks to Kelli and her desire to move a little faster. I have a few tender muscles today as I feel the burn of the actual workout - it actually feels really good to know that I am doing something good for myself. Now I just have to keep going - good think I love the shoes!!!!

1 comment:

Dan and Patrice said...

Hooray for finding some good walking shoes...It will make walking more enjoyable.
I hope you and Kelli have some great talks and enjoy your time together. Yea for a walking buddy!
Loves~Patrice