Friday, September 5, 2008

Updates

Well we have officially been empty nesters again for a week and I have to say that I am finding out that it is pretty nice to have Ray all to myself! We work so well together and have so much fun when we are working in our home and making it beautiful. We have rearranged a couple of rooms and I now have my grandma's room back so there is a nice place for the grandkids to play. We have moved the treadmill upstairs and I have a whole closet that is dedicated to shoes - what a great thing to have my shoes organized - I don't have to pull them all out of the closet to find a matching pair! I still need to go through all of my clothes and organize summer and winter styles in different closets but I have plenty of time to do that!

I have had a few moments of sadness and missing MaKayla but when I have called her on the phone she has been so excited about her new room and her new bed - I can't help but be happy for her! I know that Kelli and Marc are going to find out that being in their own home with their little family is going to be a huge blessing - they too will find out that those moments of working together in their own little space will bring them closer together and bind those ties that make marriage so wonderful.

The countdown has started for the CRUISE! Ray and I wll be leaving for San Diego on September 13th - 1 week from tomorrow! I am so excited. I promise to take lots of pictures and have Kelli help me download them so I can share them when we get back! Because I have never been on a cruise I am really excited to find out what all of the hubbub about cruising is all about. I have people that I work with who will only go on vacation if they can go on a cruise! So there must be something really wonderful about it. We are going to leave from San Diego and head down to Cabo San Lucas - we will spend a day in Cabo and then head to Ensenada where we will spend another day. Then we will head back to San Diego and spend a day there before heading home. I have my seasick patches so I should be set. W are still deciding what excursions we will take once we get into port but the list is pretty long. Maybe we will do some parasailing, or whale watching, or snorkling. Perhaps we will just lounge on the white sand beach and eat ourselves silly! Whatever we do I know it will be great! I am REALLY READY for a nice long vacation!

Tomorrow is the Utah/UNLV football game - the first home game of the season and I am so excited to have football starting again! I loved the Michigan game last week - I think the Utes are in for a wonderful season. I'll have to update everyone on the first game next week. I'm sure that we will eat some yummy football food and have a great tailgate party - the weather is supposed to be beautiful and the excitement in the air will be tangible. Hooray for college football! GO UTES!

No comments: