Friday, August 29, 2008

The Move

Well...the big move happened yesterday - of course it is still ongoing as the final items are taken from my house to Kelli's and she continues to unpack and put away. Moving is always so very stressful.

First of all I have to say that the preparation to move started over two weeks ago. Ray painted the entire living space - family room, two bedrooms, a hall, and an entryway. He is amazing and although he is impressive to say the least and he can do a lot of painting in the time that it takes most of us mere mortals to paint one room - it still takes its toll and he was very tired! He continues to be a wonderful daddy and grandpa. He is a blessing in all of our lives.

Before the painting started Kelli and her sisters patched and sanded all the walls. Can I just make a side note here that I am so grateful for the friendship that my daughters share. I couldn't have asked for a better outcome as a mother to be able to witness the strong bonds of friendship that bind these three beautiful women together. I am so grateful for their willingness to help each other and for the love that they share! They did a great job getting the prep work done before Ray started the actual painting.

Kelli and I spent almost an entire Saturday scrubbing the kitchen down and lining the cupboards. We also unpacked a lot of Kelli's dishes and had the kitchen looking really good and ready for a little bit of living.

Packing boxes, cleaning, shopping for a new bed for MaKayla, and getting things ready for a smooth transition took a lot of time and effort.

Yesterday - Bryan took the day off work and he and Patti and the boys came down from Layton to Salt Lake to help with the move. They spent the day with Kelli taking boxes to the house and moving the couch in (the legs had to be removed so it would fit through the back door). Then when Ray and I got home from work we found that Brian Roethel had gotten the company box truck and he and Marc headed over to the storage unit while the rest of us packed up MaKayla's room and Kelli and Marc's clothes and headed up to the new place. When Danny got of work he too headed over to help with the storage unit and our amazing neighbor Eddie also willingly helped to load and unload all of Kelli and Marc's belongings.

It ended up being a late night and I just want to say that I am very impressed with my children and our friends who so willingly helped. Moving is never fun, but it can be memorable. It is something that I am glad that I don't have to do too often.

I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone who put forth so much effort to make this difficult task just a little easier.

Now Kelli, Marc, & MaKayla can make a new little home for themselve.

No comments: