Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Happy Autumn


I have been listening to Christmas music for almost a week now and I love it...but I don't want to miss Thanksgiving and the beauty of Autumn. So I thought I would list all of the things that I love about this wonderful time of year.
I love the smell of autumn - the dirt in the garden as you clean out all of the wilting plants, the piles of leaves, the burning leaves and the smell of smoke from fireplaces that have long since been idle.
I love the weather of autumn - the cool morning and warmer days, the amazingly blue skies, and the rain and sometimes snow that the changing season brings.
I love the events of autumn - Football games, Halloween, Thanksgiving, harvest, and looking forward to the holiday season.
I love the sights of autumn - I am amazed at the colors of the leaves - today I ate my lunch at the park because the day was so warm. As I was driving into the park I noticed the abundant array of color on all of the different trees. I also noticed the grace and beauty when a leaf detached from its hold and floated gently to the ground. I love the colors of fall and the decorations that people display - pumpkins, hay bales, corn stalks, scarecrows, Indian corn, and colored leaves.
I am so grateful to live in a place where we experience all of the seasons. I know that there will be many wonderful days of winter to celebrate and then the changes that bring us spring, and the warm long days of summer. But I do relish the colorful days of autumn and the blessing of this season.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

This is my favorite time of year!

Patti :) said...

Mine too!!