Monday, November 10, 2008

Holidays

Wow! We are into the second week of November and I am feeling a little overwhelmed as I look at the calendar and realize that Christmas is sneaking up on us. In only 17 days we will be celebrating Thanksgiving. I talked to my girls over the weekend and we started planning the feast. I'm starting to get a little bit nervous about Christmas shopping and getting everything ready for the holiday. The Monday after Halloween I was leaving work and the cleaning people here at our new building were playing Christmas music! YIKES!!! That is definitly starting the whole Christmas celebration a little bit early. Don't get me wrong I love Christmas, I love the music, I love the decorations, I love the meaning of the season and the reason for our celebration, I love watching the joy in my grandchildren's faces as they witness the legendary miracle of this season -it is a beautiful time of year. Of course along with all of this wonder and joy there is a great deal of added stress and I don't look forward to that at all! I guess it is just like anything else - when we want a successful celebration there is going to be a little bit of stress involved.

So starting today I am going to look forward with great anticipation to the joy of this upcoming season. I am going to try and focus on the joy and the miraculous event of our Savior's birth. I will look forward to the wonderful music and decorations of the season - the fun of buying the perfect gift, and the time spent with family and friends. It is going to be a great Christmas!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

you already have been enjoying the music