Tuesday, January 20, 2009


Ray Elk Hunting - I am looking forward to weather like this again soon!





Elk Hunting near Flaming Gorge






Grandpa and the kids at Gardner Village



I really like this picture of Ray and I! :D)

I thought that I would dig down into the archives and share some pictures from the last couple of months. I haven't figured out how to do the fancy slide shows but hopefully I can get a lesson from one of my girls.
This past weekend Ray remodeled and painted our Master Bathroom. I am so excited. I will have to take some pictures and post them because it turned out so beautiful. He knocked out the old ceiling and light fixture and added two can lights and beautiful new fixture. He textured the ceiling and then painted most of the room an off white and then I talked him into painting an accent wall green. It looks like a spa! I LOVE IT! I also purchased new towels, rugs, a wreath, pictures, and a wooden basket to display on the counter. My house is definitely a place that I love to be - it is so cosy and comfy. I am so grateful to Ray for his amazing talents that truly make our house a home!
Last Friday we went to the celebratory parade for the Utes downtown and it was really fun. Saturday the football team was at the Huntsman Center signing autographs before the basketball game and then at half-time they presented the team with the Mountain West Conference trophy and the Sugar Bowl trophy. It was so much fun! What an amazing football season! I am so glad that I have my season tickets - it was great to be a part of this history making season.
Today was a significant and historical day as our 44th President was sworn in. I wanted to watch the ceremony and his speech so I was happy that they were offering it here at work. Well...things didn't turn out the way we hoped and the TV in the conference room wasn't working. We went downstairs to the American Red Cross that shares our building and they invited us into their conference room to watch with them. It was so nice of them to be so accomodating to such a large group of people. I am hopeful that President Obama will be able to make a difference and move our country forward. But I am also hesitant to pin so much hope on one man. I will definitely pray for his success and for our country.
Today is also the day that my nephew Bryan left SLC for his mission in New York, New York. What an amazing adventure awaits him! I hope he knows that he has a lot of love and support here at home. It seems like only yesterday I was watching my Pam as she stepped onto an airplane bound for Argentina. What a mixture of emotions filled my heart on that day. I can definitely empathize with Bryan's mom Elizabeth and his dad Randy on this difficult day! It is a great leap of faith to send your child so far away!
Well...the Christmas lights are taken down, and New Year's Day has come and gone. The minutes and hours rush by and soon January will only be a memory. Life moves forward, things change, and we hold on to the hope of a great tomorrow!
May you all have a wonderful January and a marvelous 2009!










No comments: