Yesterday was the 6 week mark for our Biggest Loser competition here at work. As of yesterday I have lost 10 lbs. I guess the real benchmarks are my blood pressure 70/98 and the fact that I have lost 2 inches on my waist. Hurray! When you lose consistently it seems that it is easier to keep to the food plan. I love having good results.
Ray has been such a big help to me during this adventure - he has been eating all of the same foods that I have and we are both trying to work out more. He also encourages me to take walks with him and helps me want to stick to the plan. He is also losing and looking and feeling great!
Last weekend we celebrated Valentine's Day by going to dinner at Madeline's. We both had all you can eat steak and crab. We stayed away from the rolls, ate the vegi's, and pretty much stuffed ourselves on crab. We also shared some chocolate covered strawberries. To make up for this little "celebration" we took a long walk on Monday and we both got on the treadmill and tried a new routine that Ray heard about - you walk on a slow speed for 2 minutes, then ramp up the speed and the "hill" for 2 minutes, then you even out the surface again and step up the speed a little more for 2 minute. You continue to do this routine for 4-5 reps. When you change up your routine you end up burning more calories. It was really tough by the 4th round, but I did feel like I was getting a pretty intense workout.
Anyway after all of that I did lose another pound this week and I am #2 on the list out of the whole office. It is very satisfying after the hard work and what feels like a sacrifice to have success.
I know this is a lifestyle change and not just a 12 week plan - but it is great to know that I have made it 6 weeks and done pretty good! If I keep on this pace by the end of the 12 week contest I could lose 20 pounds! What an amazing thing that would be. It would also get me ready to wear a swimsuit on the Girl's cruise in May!
No comments:
Post a Comment