Monday, February 16, 2009

President's Day

Hooray for a day off - that I can spend with my sweetie! It was an uneventful day but definitely a good one! We slept in (which usually drives Ray crazy), then we went for a walk on the walkway with Oliver. It was a beautiful morning although it was overcast it wasn't too hot or too cold and the air was clear - a definite positive this time of year! After our walk we headed to Cabela's - Ray needed some new walking shoes so we found him a great pair of Under Armour shoes - he said that they have great support and feel really good on his feet. I am thrilled because he doesn't usually find shoes that fit and feel good.
We also found me a new pair of shoes some leather mules and bought a new turkey decoy. I was lucky enough to draw out for the turkey hunt this year. Out of everyone in the family that put in for the hunt I was the only one to get a tag. So...Ray is determined to make sure that I am ready for the hunt and that it is successful!
Then we headed to Costco - which is our favorite store - we always have a good time shopping there. We bought a bunch of produce to help keep us on our food plan. Then we headed home and Ray played the Wii for a while.
I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon for my annual check-up that wasn't too fun but I did get plenty of good news - everything looks good so far. Of course I still need a mammogram and a bone density test and a fasting blood test to check my cholesteral. So these things should be taking place in the next few weeks.
I got home and Ray and I cooked dinner, cleaned up, and then settled in by the fire to have a cozy night at home.
A wonderful President's Day...sad to say I didn't think about our President's more that a few fleeting moments throughout the day. I have to say that I am grateful that there have been strong, wonderful men who have had the desire to serve their country and to do the best they can. I don't know how any man would want to become president and take on the huge responsibility of running the country. It is a huge and thankless job. So as this President's Day draws to a close I pray for our current president - that he will be led by God to make the decisions that will be the best for our country and that he will have the courage to stand up for the things that are right and true.
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and that you too had a relaxing and wonderful day!

No comments: