Snow on Top of the WorldWe live on an amazing planet - it was created for us by a loving Heavenly Father who knew that we would find great joy in the beauty of a sunrise, the glory of the four seasons, and wonder at the fact that the world changes minute by minute; with each new sunrise we can discover something glorious and new!
Last week I was getting pretty tired of rain and snow - although I do love the beauty of a snow covered world and the smell of the air after the rain. Today it is supposed to be 80+ degrees and this morning it was finally warm enough when I left the house that I didn't need a coat. As I drove to work I couldn't help but notice the many trees that are blooming - beautiful pinks, whites, and yellows. There was green grass, green leaves peeking out, and a wonderful array of multi-colored tulips and daffodils. I also noticed that many of the people driving and walking to work had smiles on their faces - there is a heart healing that comes with springtime - it is a hope for something better and joy and warmth from the sunshine.
Today I am grateful for this glorious planet we call earth - I'm grateful for the mountain peaks, for the wide open oceans, for the variety of plant and animal life, for the air that we breathe and the food that is grown. I find great gratitude for a mountain stream, for the call of a goose, the flutter of a butterfly, the beauty of the seasons, and the creator who made all things possible.
May we all find joy in the miracle of this planet and celebrate her beauty not only on Earth Day but every day!


No comments:
Post a Comment