Thursday, April 9, 2009

Rainy Days and Mondays

Okay so its really Thursday but it is totally a rainy day! I am so glad that its raining and not SNOWING! Perhaps we are finally going to see spring. I have to admit that rainy days don't get me down - in fact I usually love the sound of rain on the roof and the cozy, lazy feeling of being inside safe and sound. The only thing that could make it better is a good dose of thunder and lightening! When Ray and I got married almost 32 years ago it rained - in fact it rained so hard and so long our photographer didn't show up at the temple to take pictures - so I have a few grainy kodak moments captured by my dad and uncle.

Not only did it rain when we got married - but the rain followed us to California for our honeymoon. We spent a rainy day in Disneyland - but one good thing; there were no lines. We rode everything at least once and still had time to do it again! The next day we headed to Long Beach to see the Queen Mary - the roads were practically empty; how could this be California? During the drive we encountered some major rain and wind at times it was really scary. When we arrived at the Queen Mary we were told that a hurricane had just blown through - no wonder no one was on the road! :D) Ahhh to be young and in love - nothing else seems to matter! By the way the Queen Mary was great and we had a wonderful day - it is nice to have that large of a ship all to yourself. All of the tour guides treated us like we were royalty it was GREAT!

So I guess I have some really wonderful memories associated with rain - the smell, the freshness, the little bit of cold as it washes the world clean. So...springtime is raintime - it is the giver of life without it we wouldn't have that beautiful cold clear water to drink or the amazing flowers of summer. We wouldn't have fresh vegetables and refreshing lemonade when the world turns warm. Everything associated with life and living springs from the lifegiving water that falls from the sky!

So if you get a chance why not dance in the rain, why not feel the joy of splashing in puddles and turning your face towards the sky as you find gratitude for the rain.

No comments: