Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Fruit and Vegetable Challenge

I felt like I ate this many vegetables yesterday! YIKES!

The new challenge at work is the Vegetable and Fruit challenge. We are in teams of three and the teams were assigned so we wouldn't have any ringers who would take all the prizes. I actually have a really great team and we have been working hard to get more fruit and vegetables in our diets. In fact we have been working a little too hard and I have found myself getting sick from eating too much of a good thing!

Monday was the first day of the challenge and we were all excited to start. I ended up eating 8 servings for fruit and vegetables for the day and I felt great! Yesterday (Tuesday) I tried even harder and ended up with 9 servings - I felt like all I did the whole day was eat - granted it was good stuff but I believe that good sense and moderation are the keys to keeping this going for the long term.

Crisp Juicy Apples - unless you eat all of them at once!

I woke up this morning with a pounding headache and a nauseated stomach - I decided to try and work through it by doing my exercise DVD - I must admit that I felt better after the exercise but the yucky feeling didn't go away. I have really struggled today eating vegi's and fruit - even so I have accumulated 6 but I think that is all I am going to do.



So...I may not win the challenge but I won't be having an upset stomach either. Eating good food, exercising, and being smart in your food choices really does make a difference and the difference is being healthy and feeling healthy!

Today was also a very stormy and cold day - I think that autumn is greeting us with a vengence; Kelli got snow at her house this morning and even though the sun came out this afternoon it was still very cool outside. It was 47 degrees when I went to lunch and yesterday the high was 86! That is a HUGE difference. I was hoping for a few more weeks of harvesting good things from my garden but I'm not sure if we will be spared getting frost tonight. I guess I'll have to pick everything whether it is ready or not when I get home from work.


Hopefully everyone is feeling good and enjoying the changes that the seasons bring!
Have a great Wednesday!
Cathy

No comments: