So the football- er...Labor Day Weekend started early with the Utes playing Utah State on Thursday night. It was a great game - the whole atmosphere and excitement of the first game of the season was punctuated by an in-state rivalry. The Utes won even though Utah State for the first time in a long time came to play and looked pretty good. Their new coach is really making a difference - you could see it in the way the players walked onto the field. I love seeing improvement and hope in these young men who work so hard to be good at their beloved sport. Of course I am always happy when the Utes win and they extended their winning streak which is the longest in the nation to 15 games. We were a little worried about our quarterback he was an unknown and was untested but he did pretty good and the rest of the team looked great. I am glad that they have a few games to get prepared before the conference games begin.BYU played on Saturday against Oklahoma - I am not a big BYU fan but I was glad that they won - their quarterback was still sacked 3 times and they had a boatload of penalties but they were able to pull off the win by 1 point. This is very good for the MWC - we'll see how they do against some other difficult teams - there is a long season ahead.
I am so happy that football season has started and that the rivalries are beginning again.
GO UTES!

No comments:
Post a Comment