Brenden called me last night to tell me that he lost his tooth. This little tooth has been hanging on with barely a thread of skin - he has resisted having it pulled because he was sure it was going to hurt. His daddy finally just told him that he was going to pull it and within seconds it was out of his mouth. He called me so happy that the suspense was finally over and the tooth was out!
Even as adults we resist the things that are best for us. We worry and stew about things that really don't matter and we hold on to things that we should have let go of a long time ago. Sometimes this life journey is about getting our head on straight and recognizing that we are worth any effort to be the best we can be. We sometimes have to get rid of excess baggage before we actually find ourselves and discover the motivation to move forward and make the changes that are going to bring us the most happiness. We need to recognize that we are worth the effort and find appreciation for the amazing person that we are.
So today I am going to find three things that I like about me. I had thought about trying for ten but I have limited time to finish up this blog. LOL!!! If we would take one day a week and focus on the good about ourselves I think we would find more motivation to become the best we can be in all areas of our lives. I believe that we all work harder for someone we care about - so we need to start caring about ourselves.
My three things today:
1- I love my determination - when I decide to do something I stick with it.
2- I am good at expressing myself - I have always had a good imagination and a way with words. 3- I am sensitive to the feelings of others - I try so hard never to offend anyone.
This was really hard! As I was thinking about the good associated with these characteristics I also kept focusing on why these might be negatives - this is going to be a tough battle but I am going to write down three things a week that I like about me. I need to let go of the negative and start focusing on the positive. I need to let that tooth be pulled and move on with my life. I know this focus will make a difference in not only getting healthy but staying that way.
Find something good about you today.
Introduce yourself to someone wonderful...YOU!
Have a Great Thursday!
Cathy
No comments:
Post a Comment