Monday, March 22, 2010

Lots of Thank You's and Gratitude


Ray has been in Cheyenne, WY the past two weeks so I was so happy to have him home on Friday! I have to say a special "Thank You" to Kelli for keeping me company while he was gone. She invited me to spend time with her and MaKayla - she checked on me every day to make sure I was okay, and she let me call and cry on her shoulder when I was really lonely. Pam also checked on me and made sure that I was alright and brought the twins over on Wednesday to spend some time with grandma - we had so much fun. Patti called to check on me too and to keep me updated on what was happening with her and the boys. I am lucky to have such wonderful daughters.

This past Wednesday my dad had surgery again - he has been struggling with the surgery he had in December and has not gotten better. We have been praying for him and he has been fighting the whole idea of facing another surgery. After some additional tests the doctor said that he needed to have this additional surgery if he wanted to get better. So after some heartfelt prayers the surgery was scheduled. Even though he was very nervous dad faced the surgery like a champ and the results have been amazing. He seems to be on the road to recovery. Hurray!!!! A great BIG "THANK YOU" to Cindy for driving mom and dad to the hospital and sitting with mom during the surgery. Another BIG "THANK YOU" to Lori for making sure mom got home safely the evening after the surgery and to Randy for getting up early and getting mom to the hospital before the doctor arrived the next day. I am blessed to have such amazing siblings who make the load light by taking their turns and volunteering to help whenever needed. I'm also blessed to have a wonderful mother who takes such good care of dad - the doctors are always amazed at her organizational skills and her willingness to make sure that medicines are taken on time, meals are prepared, and that dad is always comfortable. So far (keep the prayers coming) things are looking good!

I am especially grateful that Ray was able to come home this weekend - there was some scary moments with road closures and blizzard conditions. I was so glad to see his smiling face and have him home safe and sound Friday evening. Ray and I have so much fun together - he is my best friend and I am so blessed to have him in my life. I think sometimes I take him for granted so it is good to have a little time apart to remember all of the wonderful things that he does for me. I forget what a bother it is to have to take out the garbage, I miss having meals prepared for me when I get home from work (Ray loves to cook and I love to have him cook), I miss having someone to greet me when I get home and to listen to the trials of the day. We had a little trouble with the thermostat in the house while he was gone and I was panicked - I don't know anything about the furnace or how the thermostat works - Ray always takes such good care of our home. We also had the time change and there were two clocks that I didn't know how to make "Spring Forward" YIKES - I really struggled. So many little things that I love about Ray and miss when he is gone. So happy he is back! Love you honey!

Nothing crazy or out of the ordinary for the weekend - but "normal" felt really good!

No comments: