Monday, May 24, 2010

Chickens, Snow, and Tomato Plants

We have chickens! Ray is still finishing the chicken coop - he got the roof on Saturday and now we need a ramp for the chickens to walk in the door, a roost inside, and paint. Ray wants to paint it like a barn with a weather vane on top. I am excited to see it finished...of course we need the weather to cooperate. I woke up this morning to SNOW - SAY WHAT?! I know it is May 24th and we are having snow. My poor garden needs some sunshine - the tomatoes have reached the top of the wall-o-waters and they are getting squished inside their little greenhouses. The leaves are kind of a yellow green - we need more light to get them to turn their dark green healthy color. Sigh...I'm ready for warmer weather.

We got the little round balls of fluff last Wednesday - yesterday the two brown ones have tail feathers. The little black and white ones are a few days behind the brown ones but they are sprouting their little wing feathers. The grandkids love them and we have gotten some really interesting suggestions for names. I'm waiting to name some of them until they get a little bigger so I can see their individual personalities. One little black and white one thinks Ray is its mommy - he puts his hand in the pen and raps on the side and it runs right over to him. It is so cute. Hopefully the weather will cooperate so we can get their new home finished before they get too big.

I'll post some pictures of the babies and my grandkids later if I have time. I was excited to share our new additions.

Have a GREAT Monday!
Cathy

2 comments:

Jen said...

We love fresh chicken eggs!! Hooray :)

Hansen Family Blog said...

The only name my kids want is Princess Peach (lol) they are such Mario addicts.