
Melody and the twins a few months ago
Sunday this past week Pam and Danny and their kids came over to visit. It is always fun to see the kids (I have to admit that I have great admiration for Pam as she cares for her little brood); there is usually a lot of craziness associated with these visits - I admit that my house isn't quite as baby proof as it could be. I forget how mobile these little ones are and how smart they can be. Both Melody and Miranda spotted a Bubble Pop on the dining room table - although I thought that I could hide it from their view they knew exactly where I had put it and both of them put forth a Herculean effort to obtain the prize! Gratefully both Pam and I were able to catch them before they reached the sucker but not before Miranda climbed on top of the table and Melody rearranged the chairs to make herself a little step stool. They are very busy little ones. Tommy loves to get into the cupboards and he especially likes my china closet. I had strategically placed a chair in front of the door so that he wouldn't have access - he showed me by using the chair to climb up on the cabinet. WHEW! They definitely can wear a grandma out!
Of course during all of this craziness there was also a lot of hugs and kisses. I especially loved it when Tommy climbed up into my lap and threw his little arms around my neck and gave me one of his special hugs. He nuzzled his little head into my neck and it was bliss!
I know that these little moments of joy are the things that keep parents going. I know that being a mom is the best job in the world. It is also one of the hardest jobs anyone could ever tackle. I am so proud of my beautiful daughters - all three of them are amazing mothers. I am grateful for the beautiful grandchildren that bless my life. I am looking forward to meeting my newest grandson the end of April and I can hardly wait for his little chubby arms to be wrapped around my neck in a special baby hug!
1 comment:
They are so funny. I am glad to hear that beyond all of the ruckuss you still like to have them come over.
Post a Comment