Friday, February 15, 2008

I am So Lucky!

I don't know how I could be so lucky!
My sweet Ray is a romantic - I know he would deny it he tells me that I am ruining his reputation - but after my wonderful Valentine's Day I don't know how he could possibly think that he isn't.

I got up yesterday morning early because the night before we had a terrible snow storm and it took me three hours to get home from work (it usually takes about 20 minutes). I wanted to get an early start just in case the traffic was terrible again. Anyway, after getting ready I walked into the kitchen and I was greeted by a beautiful bouquet of long stem red roses and a heart that said, "Happy Valentine's Day".

That started my whole day off right! The drive to work took less time than I had anticipated even though the roads were a little slushy - so that also helped my mood! Since I had arrived at work early I was able to leave a little early so I headed home about 4:30 PM. When I arrived home the house was filled with the wonderful smell of dinner cooking. Ray had made me King Crab, asparagus, and fried mushrooms for dinner, with hand dipped chocolate strawberried for dessert (he and Kelli had dipped the strawberries themselves). He also had a clear glass jar filled with tulips, and the movie "No Reservations" for us to watch together. Kelli and Marc left right after I got home to go to dinner for their Valentine's Day celebration. So Ray and I had the house to ourselves. The food was wonderful, the strawberries were amazing, and it was so fun to watch a chick flick with my sweetheart. What a wonderfully romantic evening!

I gave Ray some dark chocolates and a coupon for a one hour massage - but who knew that he would have such an amazing evening planned? Like I said, "I am so lucky!"

I am looking forward to a long weekend coming up - I am so excited to get President's Day off on Monday. This has been a great week and it looks like a nice relaxing long weekend will top it off!

I must admit that I love being spoiled!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: