Friday, April 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom

April has always been an important month - it is the birthday month for my mom and my brother Tom. It is usually the month for Easter and of course the real start of spring. I ran across this saying by Robin Williams and I loved it so I'm going to share - Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!" So we always start out April will some kind of party! Today is my mom's actual birthday and I just want to tell her how much she means to me and how grateful I am that she is my mom. I love thinking of her when I was a child and the fun things that she would come up with for us to do. She was always very crafty and she could make any activity fun and exciting. She also has a beautiful voice and knows a song for every occasion - I not only love to hear her sing but I also love to sing with her - she can harmonize with anyone on any song; it is amazing. She has great faith and has always shared her beliefs and values with her children and grandchildren - I remember my dad telling us that we would always get our prayers answered if mom prayerd because she had a special link to heaven and Heavenly Father. I still believe this is true. My mom is a great cook and she loves to make holidays and birthdays special events - my dad has always said that is the director in her - and he calls her Cecil B. DeMille. She takes his teasing with a great sense of humor. My mom can sew like a pro and has always made wonderful clothing for herself and her children. I am so blessed to be her daughter and I wish for her a wonderful birthday! Thanks mom for everything!

No comments: