I am anxiously awaiting the birth of my new grandson - having these new little spirits come into our lives is always a cause for great celebration. I know my sweet Patti is even more excited to welcome this little guy. She is a trooper and a great mother this new chapter of her life will be wonderful!
Ray is turkey hunting today with Randy and Casey - I hope that they are having some success. I talked to him yesterday and he said that they had only found one big male and he was strutting and gobbling with the best of them. Randy took a shot and missed so that lucky turkey got away to strut and gobble another day. I haven't heard from Ray yet today so I'm not sure if he has had any luck. I'll keep you updated as things progress.
Yesterday was a very cloudy and rainy day. In fact there was some snow that made it to the ground. Gratefully the snow didn't stick. I have a number of plants that need to be transplanted in my yard. I have been holding off until the final freeze of the season and setting them outside and then bringing them in again. Ray planted all of the tomato plants under a Wall-O-Water last weekend so those tender little plants are all in their own little greenhouses. They are definitely thriving and will be producing early because we were able to get them in the ground a little bit early. I am hoping for a bumper crop this year. I love fresh picked tomatoes right off the vine. The freshness and taste can't be beat. We are also planting peas, peppers, spaghetti squash, zuchini, and strawberries. With the price of produce on the rise this could be a really good thing!
Well...I should have news really soon about the birth of our new little one! I am excited to be the grandma of 7 beautiful grandchildren. This little boy breaks our perfect division between boys and girls - I'm sure that Ray is excited to finally have more boys than girls in the family. He has waited a long time for that to happen! Although if you saw him with all of these little ones you would know that he loves them all and that each one is his favorite in some way or another.
Have a GREAT Friday and a wonderful weekend!
1 comment:
You are such a great writer! I always enjoy reading your blog.
I am so excited for Patti and Brian. I hope all goes well. Three boys is so exciting!
I also LOVE fresh tomatoes. I planted 2 trees last year and got one tomatoe for the entire season...any secrets?
Loves~Patrice
Post a Comment