Yesterday was the kind of day that gives me hope that we will soon be seeing spring! It was actually 82 degrees when I left work! Of course the warmth was short lived and today the temperatures are plummeting and a cold front is heading our way. I just got back from lunch and it was 50 degrees when I left my car. That is a 32 degree difference from yesterday and the mercury continues its downward spiral. I know there is lots of snow in the mountains and we don't want it to melt too quickly so a slow warming trend is better than heat all at once but it would be nice to have some 70 degree spring days here in the valley.
Ray and I took a drive over the weekend up to Morgan, UT to the Spring Chicken Inn; there was still a lot of snow in the canyons and around the ski resorts. It was a beautiful drive - again I was filled with hope that we will actually be seeing springtime in the Rockies very soon!
We also had a chance to stop and see Patti, Bryan and the boys. Our sweet Patti is struggling with this pregnancy - she is the kind of person who doesn't complain and most of the time you don't know that she is suffering; but there was no mistaking the pained expression on her face. She is so ready to have this little one here and to give her body time to heal. She really struggles with her health and none of her pregnancies are "normal" - I admire her strength and her desire to bring these little ones into the world. She is my hero!!! Patti Pat your mom loves you! Hang in there! Brenden got a new scooter and he is so excited - he also got some dinosaur forms for Play Dough and spent some time making me some beautiful and colorful dinosaurs. Bridger was so happy to see us - he is such a happy kid! He always has some great things to share with me. Bryan is being a great support to Patti - he is such a good husband and daddy, I am so grateful to him!
Pam and Danny brought their kids over last night and we all played in the backyard - it was so nice to be able to be outside! I had a little scare when Savannah (the dog) started licking little Tommy and he started to back away towards the deck stairs. I can't remember being able to move that fast - but I had all kinds of terrible thoughts - like watching Tommy tumble down the stairs. I was so grateful that I was watching. This sweet little boy is really outnumbered at his house - both of his sisters are very aggressive and he isn't so he has a hard time. Miranda is a little parrot - she loves to talk - even though we don't know what she is saying it makes us laugh. She said to Kelli - "Know what? - blah, blah, blah, blah" I'm sure she thought she was telling Kelli a big story about something! Melody is so busy - she can't sit still for even a second and she is always looking, touching, and trying new things. Pam is amazing - she is able to keep up with these three little fireballs. Danny has been having some success at work and he is now training for a new position. We are grateful for his hard work.
Kelli has been working in the yard - we purchased some flowers on Saturday for the gardens and she has been busy weeding and planting. I think she really enjoys being outside and making the yard more beautiful. Marc is constantly working - I don't know how he does it, but he is starting to really make his business successful. MaKayla is a chatterbox - she starts talking about something and it is hard to change the subject. She also loves to tell jokes and laughs hysterically at herself.
Ray has also been working hard in the yard - he cleaned out the vegetable garden on Saturday and burned the weeds. Yesterday he had to be to work at 3:30 AM so his crew could work in a public area while the public was asleep. After work last night he took a quick nap and then tilled the garden so we can start planting our vegetables. We weren't going to plant a garden this year but with the way the economy is going we decided that a garden would be a really good idea! Ray had to go to work early again today to finish up the job - he is amazing!
Anyway...here's to spring! Hopefully it will be settling in on us very soon.
Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment