Friday, April 11, 2008

Hooray it is Friday!

This week has been so calm compared to the past couple of weeks. I have been very busy at work but life outside my cubicle has been pretty calm. I did go in for my final check up for my Lasik surgery at The Moran Eye Center. I am amazed at all of the equipment they have and at the in depth examination they make before they even think about offering you the surgery. I felt like I was a perfect patient when they told me that my original exam and my current exam were really close - I didn't have any big changes or differences so they really were happy about that. They did decide that they wanted me to make a big change - I have been wearing contacts for a number of years and about 7 years ago with my doctor's help I started what is called mono vision. I used one eye for distance and the other eye for close up. When I had my exam they decided that my right eye is perfect for the up close stuff and it would be a good idea to use my left eye for distance and so they will perform the surgery on the left eye only. The big change is that I have been using my right eye for distance and my left for up close. So I was given a contact to wear in my left eye only for distance to see if my mind would allow me to make this switch. I must be pretty simple minded because it worked just fine. So I will be having my surgery on the 21st. I am very excited to move into a life without contacts or glasses! I have been wearing some sort of corrective lens since the 7th grade...way too many years to even think about!

I also spent a little time this week working with my sister-in-law Carolyn on a Suicide Prevention Walk that she is sponsoring for May 17th. Her daughter Charissa committed suicide a number of years ago and through those dark days and many tears she was able to find a group that would help her find an outlet for her pain and the chance to remember Tissy in a very positive manner. She was with the Utah Mental Health Association for a few years and has worked very hard to get the word out to the public about suicide prevention. Anyway she has decided to move forward on her own and has applied for a grant to get started. She needed some help crafting the correct words for the application and so we were able to get together for a few hours and put something together. I am so proud of her and her desire to do something so positive. If you are interested in being involved with the walk let me know.

I am looking forward to a wonderful weekend. I get my hair colored and cut tomorrow - I always feel so much better about myself when I have my hair done! I don't have any other big plans and I am excited about that...I might actually have some time to do a few things around the house and maybe even get a little rest.

I would love to spend some of the weekend at the Hospital holding my new little grandson - I talked to Patti today and she went in to see the doctor; she isn't dilating as quickly as she hoped - when you get this close to delivery the excitement of seeing that little one gets to be almost overwhelming. I know she is looking forward to having this pregnancy over and getting back to a more normal life. Of course the birth of a new baby never makes your life very normal. It will be interesting to see how her boys handle this situation.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a beautiful sunny spring day - hopefully the weatherman is right.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: