I said good-bye this morning to Ray - he is heading down to San Diego for 16 Days. He will miss our anniversary, Mother's Day, Danny's birthday, and my brother Tom's visit. I am sad and I will miss him very much! You would think after 31 years of marriage and having him out of town a good portion of that time I would get used to sending him off. But instead of getting easier it seems to get harder every time. Of course waking up this morning to snow AGAIN! really makes it difficult to have him going to sunny San Diego - I'm sure there is a little bit of jealousy in my heart as I think of him down there in the sunshine. I know this isn't a vacation and he will spend a lot of time working - I guess I just wish I could go too! :D)
I know that I will be busy - Tom, Dawn, Callie, and Ashley will be visiting from Las Vegas. It has been a long time since I have spent time with my brother and his family. I know that they want to spend their vacation resting and doing some of the things that they aren't able to do at home. Both of the girls are very excited to see snow. I told Tom not to worry there is plenty of snow in the mountains. Of course I never thought that the day of their arrival we would have snow in the valley too. Today is May 1st and the weather is supposed to be getting warmer.
Ray and I planted our garden this year so I have been watching those young plants and trying to keep them safe from frost and cold. It is a huge responsibility. Gratefully we planted the tomatoes in Wall-O-Waters so they are safe from whatever frost might come - but I have to watch the peppers, cucumbers, squash, and herbs. It will be great to have fresh vegetables this summer!
Today is also Danny's 30th birthday - WOW! He is getting old :D) I am grateful for Danny today and wish him a very happy birthday!
Monday is mine and Ray's 31st anniversary. Talk about getting old!!!! We went to dinner last night at Market Street and had really yummy crab cakes, halibut, and topped it off with creme brulee; as we celebrated our years together. I am so lucky to be married to such an amazing person - we have so much fun together and we have shared so many wonderful things over the years. It is hard to believe that the two of us now have a family that numbers 15, Three beautiful daughters, three great son-in-laws, and 7 beautiful grandchildren. We have truly been blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment