It's May 13th and I am only three days away from Ray coming home. Hurray!!!! This has been a tough trip for both of us and I am looking forward to having him home.
While he has been gone my brother Tom and his family visited from Las Vegas. It has been at least 5 years since I last saw Tom and his girls and it was so good to see them - it is hard to believe the Callie May is 12 and Ashlee is 10. Where does the time go? We had a family dinner while they were here because Ashlee wanted a "Practice Turkey" - she wanted to see if we could make the stuffing and gravy as good as her dad does. I don't think she was disappointed. We took some pictures of my mom and dad and their kids - it has been a long time since we were all together. I am grateful that I had the chance to see Tom, Dawn, and the girls. I just missed having Ray there.
On the 5th of May Ray and I celebrated our 31st wedding anniversary. I hate celebrating apart - it just isn't much fun! Ray sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers - they delivered them here at work. They were beautiful and I felt very spoiled. Hopefully when he gets back we have another little celebration.
May 11th was Mother's Day and although I was spoiled I still missed Ray. Kelli got me up early in the morning and Ray called on the phone while he was on the phone Kelli gave me a beautifully wrapped package and Ray waited on the phone for me to open it. It was a beautiful Journey diamond necklace! I was so surprised!!! Patti came down from Layton to spend the day with me and she brought little Bracken it was so fun to spend some time with them. Kelli and Marc took me to Brunch and Pam and Danny gave me a gift card to the Dress Barn. I was also able to spend some time with my mom so it was a great day.
While we were here celebrating and spending time with family Ray was working hard in San Diego. Of course he did take a little bit of time in the evening to do some fun things - I'm glad that he had the opportunity to get away from work for a while. He went to Pacific Beach on Thursday evening with a group of his guys and they cooked steaks and had a bonfire. On Friday night he went to the Padres game and even though they lost he still loved being in the stadium and watching the game. On Sunday he went down to Mexico so some of his guys could buy some stuff duty free. He remembered why he doesn't like Tijuana very much.
I think we will both be very glad to have Ray home and to get back into the swing of things. Of course it might be short lived - apparently there is a lot of work at all of the Little America locations. We'll just have to see what happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment