
This week has been a tough one - I don't think that Rudolph has had anything on me this week. I caught a really bad cold or some kind of flu bug and my nose wouldn't stop running so it has been bright RED. It was so miserable. Along with the aches and pains and the total exhaustion this bug got the best of me and I surrendered on Tuesday afternoon and went home to bed.
One of the cleaning ladies here took pity on me and told me the secret to getting over a cold is to drink hot orange juice with a tablespoon of honey. Then slather yourself with Vicks and get in your warmest jammies and go to sleep. Which is exactly what I did. I laid down about 2:00 in the afternoon and I woke up around 7:00 PM. I talked to Ray on the phone since he was in Wyoming and then went back to bed. I slept like a log until the next morning when my alarm went off. I got up and again felt like poo...so I called into work and said I wouldn't be making an appearance. I went back to bed again and slept until 10:00 AM.
Kelli came over and sat with me for a while and then I addressed some Christmas cards and rallied myself enough to go to the Post Office for stamps. Kelli bought MaKayla a princess castle gingerbread house and I helped her put it together. Kelli fixed me dinner and then I went to bed exhausted.
Gratefully I woke up this morning feeling much better and went to work. It is now 4:21 PM and I am ready for this day to be over - I'm tired, but my nose isn't running anymore. In fact it is peeling and the skin under my eyes is all dried out and getting ready to peel. What a weird illness.
I feel like I lost two whole days that I could of been preparing for Christmas and with the big holiday only a week away I'm a little bit panicked. Ray got home this morning and he took the day off so he has been out Christmas shopping. I am so grateful for him!
The kids want to go to Garnder Village tonight to see the Chrismas Elves. I'm not sure if I'm up to it - the only good thing is that it is 5 minutes from my house so if I get too tired I can come home. I will insist that Ray and I take a seperate car.
I am grateful that I didn't get this for Christmas and I hope that I haven't spread it around!
MaKayla has made up new words for Rudolph - "Grandma the Red Nosed Reindeer" - I'm sure I won't soon live that down!
Hope this finds all of my family and friends healthy and looking forward to a great Christmas holiday!
HO, HO, HO!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment