
Today is Christmas Eve and I am sitting here at work! I have so much to do I can hardly think- everyone is coming over to my house tonight for a big Christmas Eve party. Even Santa is making a visit. I still need to clean my house - get the ham in the oven, make the "funeral" potatoes, Dip and Chips, Cheese Ball and crackers, finish wrapping Ray's presents, get a few stocking stuffers for Ray, and get myself all decked out for the festivities. I hope getting off at Noon is going to be early enough to get this all done! YIKES!!!
I finished wrapping all of the Christmas Eve presents last night and put them under the tree - I was shocked at how much is already under there - we are so blessed. It almost made me feel guilty for the amazing bounty that touches our lives.
Yesterday we had a service day at work - we signed up to bring some necessary items like toothbrushes, deodorant, soap, wash cloths, socks, toothpaste, and floss. Then we set up some assembly lines to fill Christmas stockings with these items and some candy. All of the stockings were delivered to The Volunteers of America who will take them out to the homeless camps tomorrow to distribute to those who have nothing for Christmas. We put together 100 stockings and although it will be well received and a great service to many people it will not even make a dent in the need that exists. We have had some really cold and snowy weather the past few weeks and I can't even imagine trying to keep warm under a bridge or in a cardboard box while the winter weather swirls around you. I am sad for those who have so little when I am blessed with so very much! I know that any service we give is a great help to those less fortunate, I just wish that I could do more. I know that the greatest gift I could give the Savior at this time of year is the gift of service to others. I hope that my little contribution will make as much of a difference for those in need as it has for me and my Christmas Spirit. I have gained so much from giving and I am grateful for the opportunity.
I have two more hours until I will be heading out to complete my Christmas Rush - I look forward to the fun experience of Christmas Eve with my beautiful Children and Grandchildren and Christmas Day spent with my sweet Ray! I wish to all of you an amazing Christmas and a wonderful upcoming 2009.
1 comment:
It has been a great Christmas. thanks for all that you do for us. even without all of the stuff we have the best time together and that is what really counts.
Post a Comment