Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye to 2008


Today is not only New Year's Eve but also Brenden's 6th Birthday! How is it possible? I remember vividly the night he was born - although it was cold it wasn't anything like the weather we are experiencing today. I also remember that his mom and dad were very happy to have a New Year's Eve baby and not the first baby born on New Year's day so they could claim him on their taxes! He was also the last baby born in 2002 so Patti and Bryan got a big gift pack for that distinction as well.


It was so exciting to be a grandma for the first time and to watch my daughter become a mother - the emotions were definitely high on that New Year's Eve. Driving home around 12:30 AM Ray and I watched a lot of fireworks and we both commented that this was exactly the kind of celebration that a new baby should bring. It was a wonderful way to celebrate. So on this New Year's Eve of 2008 I wish my sweet Brenden a very Happy Birthday!


He is an amazing little boy with a great capacity for love - he is a wonderful big brother and loves to share with his Bridger. He also loves to make his little baby brother Bracken smile and laugh. He has a great sense of humor and love to tell jokes and do funny things. Brenden is a wonderful friend and because of that he has made a lot of friends in his first year of school. He is a great artist and entered a wonderful picture in the Reflections contest this year. He is a good athlete and does really well at soccer. Most importantly he loves his grandma and we have a wonderful time together. I am so blessed to have him in my life!


2008 has been a year filled with great expectations, many wonderful opportunities, some difficulties, and a few hardships. I have learned a lot about myself this year and I have also been given the great opportunity to be grateful for the many wonderful people and experiences that touch my life.


I was blessed this year with a new grandson - our little Bracken Keith is an amazing little baby - he is so happy and has such a sweet disposition. People are drawn to him because of his sweet little countenance. His mother - my sweet Patti went through a lot of struggle to get this little guy here and I am in awe of her strength and dedication to her children and family. She is an amazing woman who faces hardship with a smile and great hope. I learn so much from her each and every day! I am grateful for her sweet husband Bryan who takes on a lot of the responsibility of raising the children - they are a great combination and working together they have a really strong family and a lot of hope for the future.


Both MaKayla and Bridger are 4 this year and they are so smart and truly enjoy being in preschool. I have missed having MaKayla living with me but I have seen her blossom and grow and I have enjoyed watching her mom and dad get closer together and bring their family closer together. MaKayla loves her daddy so much and they have such a great time together, Marc is a wonderful father. It is a blessing to watch my Kelli as she works so hard to have a happy family, she too is a wonderful mother and dedicates so much of her time and energy to raising MaKayla and giving her the opportunity to learn and grow.


Melody is 3 and the twins - Tommy and Randi are 2 this year! WOW they have all progressed so much in the past year. Melody is a beautiful little curly topped angel who is full of life and energy - she definitely gives her mom and dad a run for their money but they are diligent in keeping her on track. Tommy and Randi are as different in personality as any two twins could be - Tommy is the strong silent type and Randi is the little chatter box. The are both so smart and they too keep their mom and dad very busy. Pam is a wonderful mother and she has a huge responsibility trying to keep her little family on track - she is very good at it. Danny works hard to support his family and I am grateful for the love that he gives to his children and to Pam.





Ray is my strength, my rock, the love of my life, and my very best friend! I miss him so much when he is gone - but the wonderful time that we spend together - working in our yard, planting our garden, fishing, hunting, camping, cooking (we both love to cook), traveling, cheering for the Utes, and now playing our Wii makes up for the time that he is away. We have learned so much together this year and we have had a wonderful 2008 as we have worked through some difficulties and grown closer as we watch our beautiful family strengthen and grow each and every day!



I am so blessed! I have so much - Although 2008 brought some original challenges with the economy and worries about work and life in general, it also brought some wonderful experiences and gave me some much needed hope for the future.



I have great hope and expectation for 2009 - I'm sure it too will be a year of new experiences - I hope that I am prepared for whatever might come and that my family will continue to be strong and happy.



I wish you all a very Happy New Year and a great 2009!

No comments: