Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Girl's Vacation Part I





The first day of vacation was spent on the road and in Vegas - check out Patti and Kelli's blog for pictures of Fremont Street. The second day we started the day at a wonderful restaurant called the Egg and I in Vegas. Talk about yummy food and great service - it was amazing. I had Eggs Benedict and the Hollandaise sauce was the BEST I've ever eaten. It was delicious! I would totally recommend it. We stopped at a Walgreens for a few essentials that we forgot and a bag of ice and then we hit the road. Kelli and Patti insisted that we needed to stop at a gas station out in the middle of nowhere because the bathroom was amazing. There was supposed to be a big waterfall in the bathroom. We found the gas station and they were in the middle of a remodel so they had closed off the waterfall from the women's restroom so we didn't get to see it. Apparently it was still in the men's restroom but we weren't able to check it out (disappointment). They did have a Zoltar machine so I took pictures of all of the girls with Zoltar - Pam actually put her money in and got a fortune. It was one of the crazy and fun things that made this trip special! We spent a lot of time laughing and being just a little bit crazy.
We also stopped at a little roadside stand that was selling yard decorations - Ray has been looking for a bamboo windchime and we haven't found one that sounds good. This little place had a bunch of windchimes and it took a little time to pick the one that sounded the best and also looked good. I picked out one that was made out of a coconut that was carved to look like a turtle with its head bobbing up and down. Patti also made an amazing find while we were there - they had these little backpacks that were on sale for 6 dollars each. They had a shoulder strap and you could carry a water bottle and all of your necessities with you. We each bought one and they turned out to be the best little purchase - we were able to take everything we needed when we went on our excursions to Catalina and Disneyland.
We arrived at Rosa and Mitsugu's around 7:00 PM and had a really nice visit with them. They were great to let us stay and drive us to the ship and pick us up for Disneyland. Thanks so much to them for being so hospitable and taking such good care of us.
We had many great experiences with people that we met along the way - everyone was so kind, the woman that checked us into the hotel gave us some extra treats, the waiters and waitresses at the restaurants were so willing to take good care of us, the people associated with the cruise did everything possible to make our stay on the ship pleasant, I felt such a positive vibe with everyone we came in contact with. Pam left her license at the pharmacy when she purchased some Sudafed and the Pharmacist rushed out to catch us before we drove away - that would have been a tough thing for her to have left behind - he definitely went out of his way for us. This was just one example of the good people we met.
What a GREAT experience. I'll write more and included more pictures and wonderful experiences. I'm so grateful for my daughters and for the great relationship that we have - it was so much fun to be with my very good friends and to have such an amazing time!
Thanks to my girls for their great attitudes and for all of the memories.


No comments: