Don't you just love summer and all of the great things that go with it? We went to a minor league baseball game last night - what a glorious night! The temperature when the game started was about 85 degrees and when we left the part at about 9:00 PM it was 71 degrees. My amazing husband got home from work early and made us the most delicious dinner of grilled salmon and asparagus. I was so full and content the treats at the ballpark weren't even a temptation. Although my daughter and I both decided that the smell of cotton candy, hot dogs, syrupy snow cones, and popcorn really add to the whole baseball experience.
We were lucky to have a little cub scout group sitting in front of us - these little guys were so excited to be at a ball game and they were having so much fun I believe it was contagious! As we were leaving the ball park one of the businesses had their sprinklers turned on and the smell of warm cement being washed with cool water assaulted the senses - another great summer smell!
When we dropped my daughter off at her house there was a cool canyon breeze blowing and the fresh air of the mountains was swirling around us and once again cooling the surrounding area; the trees, grass, homes, and asphalt were letting off a huge sigh as the summer heat was once again conquered for the night. It was really bliss! I felt so content and happy - it seemed as if all was right with the world - I had spent the evening with my hubby, daughter, and granddaughter, we had watched a really fun ballgame (although our team lost), and the beauty of a summer evening was surrounding us and tucking us in for the night.
I love using all of my senses and flooding my heart and mind with good memories associated with the seasons. I think all too often I have gotten caught up in the taste of tradition and I have forgotten to enjoy the sounds, smells, and touch. This great summer evening was a wonderful reminder. We all need to relish this summer season for it will be gone before you know it.
Have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment