
I have been looking forward to this week for a long time...Although I am very sad that summer is ending I have to admit that Autumn is my favorite time of year! I absolutely love it when the temperatures start to cool off in the evenings, I love that the garden is ready to harvest, I love that FOOTBALL starts, I love the changing leaves, and I am excited for Halloween. It seems like the world takes a little time out to breathe and sigh before the cold swirling winds of winter start blowing. It is also a time when all of the hard work of Summer is rewarded with an amazing bounty and we can start looking forward to some long winter nights tucked in safe and warm while the wind blows and the snow falls.
This week one of my favorite events of Autumn starts - The University of Utah plays their first football game on Thursday night at 7:00 PM! I am psyched!!! We have new seats this year that are closer to the 30 yard line and down about 10 rows, we have had lots of fun with Kelli and Marc at the games over the past few years and this year Patti and Bryan are going to join us too! It will be so much fun! The Utes are playing Utah State this week and that is also going to be fun - Cindy's Bretton just started school at Utah State and he is in the marching band. He is a true Ute and has cheered on the Uof U all of his life - this is going to be a whole new experience for him to cheer for his school and find some new allegiance to the Aggies. We are excited to see him in his uniform and to give him a hard time when the Utes win! Whatever happens it will be fun.
I can already smell the Kettlecorn, hamburgers, hot dogs, cotton candy, and other game day treats as they waft through the stadium. I'm sure there will be some great opening act to introduce the new season and the excitement will build as the team gets ready to rush onto the field. All of the hype of the past few weeks as the team has been involved in practice will come to fruition as the teams take the field. The cheering, jeering, highs and lows will make me smile and hopefully the final score will reflect a win for the red and white! I love sharing this with Ray and with my kids, I love the cool air and the excitement, I love the ins and outs of the game and the skill that each player displays. As you can tell I love college football!
So here's to a great football season and a wonderful autumn!
GO UTES!
No comments:
Post a Comment