Friday, January 15, 2010

The Dentist, Winter, and Other Scary Things

Ray said I sounded like a crazy woman with my smog post - I guess the long dark days of winter topped with smog can make you a little bit crazy. LOL!

Today we saw the sun for a little while and it felt like I was seeing an old friend. It is a good thing that there was some sunshine after I spent three hours this morning in the dentist chair. I went to the Endodontist to have a root canal and as they were prepping me for the ordeal they broke my tooth off to the gum line. Soooo...they had to build up a new tooth before they could start the root canal. Needless to say I have to go back on February 1st for more fun and games. YIKES!!!

I am not a huge fan of the dentist - I had some really negative experiences as a child in the dentist chair. I was not blessed with good teeth - I know that we are supposed to learn something from all of our trials here on earth but I still haven't figured what I'm learning from all of this pain and suffering. I brush, floss, rinse, gargle and still have cavities. Sigh.....

If you were blessed with good teeth be grateful! Take care of those pearly whites and make them last a lifetime. If you weren't blessed with good teeth - I feel your pain! Although I don't like the dentist much I am grateful that we have modern medicine and that there are ways to fix our teeth and keep them functioning for the long haul. I know in the not so distant past the only way to take care of a bad tooth was to pull it and then you didn't have bridges, caps, or even false teeth to replace it - so I'm grateful for these people who decide to be dentists - I can't imagine sticking my hands in other people's mouths - I could never do what they do...YUCK!

So I'm trying really hard to be optimistic - to be grateful for the amazing things that bless our lives and I'm trying not to let the smog and winter in general get me down. Just 16 days until February 1st.... and then I get to go back to the dentist - but hopefully the sun will be shining and the days will start feeling like they are getting longer again.

1 comment:

Patti :) said...

I got your teeth, and Brenden got mine. we are all doomed to a lifetime of trying to save our teeth through root canals. I am hoping they will come up with an easy way just to replace them, an easy cheap way.