I've got to figure out how to download pictures from my camera so I can share the exciting things that are happening at Sun Valley. I had a wonderful adventure this past week as I headed up to Sun Valley to visit Ray on the 24th of July. I was nervous driving up there - I don't know why...I have made that trek many times over the years but for some reason I was worried about going by myself. I started the trip with a fervant prayer that the car would run well and that I would be safe - this gave me peace of mind and I was able to travel without too much anxiety.
As I left Salt Lake I was listening to KSL radio and they rebroadcast their 4th of July patriotic program. Since I didn't hear it on the 4th of July I really enjoyed the stories, commentaries, and songs all related to the amazing country that we live in. The program ran for 3 hours so I was able to listen to most of it before I lost the radio signal in Burley. Then I was able to listen to the CD player and I really enjoyed some of the music that I don't take the time to listen to anymore. It really ended up being a nice relaxing trip.
I arrived in Sun Valley at about 2:30 PM and met Ray at the new Golf Club House - it is amazing! If I were a golf cart I can't think of anywhere I would rather live! It is a "rustic" monolith with beautiful stone, marble, wood, and wall coverings. Exotic light fixtures fill the ceilings and huge fireplaces mark a number of rooms. The view out of all the windows is amazing. Ray and his crew were hanging wall coverings - when I got there I was able to watch them hang some Yves St. Laurent pattern that would test any professional paper hanger. It was nice and looked wonderful once it was hung - but I think there were a few choice words said as they tried to match the pattern. I think everyone should take the time to see the amount of work and effort that goes into building these great structures. Sometimes people can be so thoughtless as they visit these wonderful buildings. It takes a lot of time and effort to keep them looking so beautiful - especially when there are those who take pleasure in destroying something that doesn't belong to them.
After the tour of the club house Ray got off work and took me to dinner at a little Sushi place in Ketchem called Sushi on Second. We ordered the Chef's Choice and it was YUMMY!!! We went shopping at Atkinson's Market for a few things and then headed back to our beautiful condo. We stayed in the Bittersweet condos room 828. It is a lovely condo with a kitchen, bedroom and bath. The kitchen has all of the newest appliances and a beautiful copper colored granite countertop. The colors of the condo were rusts, browns, and tans. It was gorgeous. We also had a nice balcony that overlooked a beautiful grassy area with willow trees. The temperature during the day didn't go over 80 degrees so sitting on the balcony reading my book was delicious!
The next morning I got up early and went for a walk - I walked all over Sun Valley and really enjoyed myself. I met Ray for lunch at 12:30 PM and then he took me over to the new Pavillion that they are building. If I thought the club house was amazing I was definitely in for a HUGE surprise. This is an ampitheater that is unbelievable - it kind of looks like the Opera House in Australia with the big sails. I really can't even do it justice explaining it but I will suffice it to say that only the best of materials was used to create this wonderful venue. There is travertine rock that is mined from the same quarry that the rock used to build the Coliseum in Italy came from. There is a copper roof and Iron wood from Africa used on the stage for it's acoustic quality. The best of sound and lighting equipment and hours and hours of labor by an amazing work force have built a beautiful ampitheater that will serve the community there for many, many years to come. It truly took my breath away!
I went back to the condo after taking a tour and snapping lots of pictures for an afternoon of R&R. I didn't have to go anywhere or do anything I didn't want to. I read, napped, watched TV and cooked a simple dinner for Ray and I when he got off work. It was heavenly!
Saturday I again went for a walk along this gorgeous mountain path - I loved walking every morning I was there. I again met Ray for lunch and then had a very restful afternoon. When Ray got off we went to an Italian restaurant for Capresi Salad and chicken wings we sat out on the deck and enjoyed the wonderful breeze and did a little people watching. Ray surprised me with tickets to the Ice Show that evening - it was wonderful! I don't know how those people do the things they do on a little sliver of metal gliding across some very hard ice. What a marvelous evening.
Sunday after my morning walk; we went to brunch and then moved Ray to a new room. I left about 3:00 PM and started my journey back home. I really had a hard time leaving Ray - you would think after having him travel for work for almost 30 years I would be used to it, but it seems to get harder every time instead of easier!
The drive home was uneventful and when I got there everything was fine. I unpacked and fell into bed - exhausted. It was very hard to get up on Monday morning and head back to reality. Of course it was nice to be rested and to have a new outlook on the everyday things.
No comments:
Post a Comment