Friday, June 5, 2009

Crazy Weeken

It's Friday and I'm definitely looking forward to a weekend - although this one looks to be pretty busy. Tomorrow is going to be a very busy day - I think that somehow we need to work something out so that we have more than two days for a weekend. Saturday just isn't long enough to fit in all of the things that need to be done. I need to clean my house, - which could take the whole day anyway - help Ray with yard work, do the weekly grocery shopping, make a trip to Costco, do the laundry, prepare my SS lesson, attend MaKayla's soccer game, attend MaKayla and Melody's dance concert and then head up to Bountiful to see Bryan ref a semi-pro football game. Somewhere in that mismash of stuff I also need to exercise, wash the dog and if the weather permits Ray wants to stain the back deck. This is way too much for anyone to do in one day. I need a weeks worth of weekends to even get caught up!

I start to think about all of this and then the guilt starts to pile up - I shouldn't be wishing for an extra day off - there are tons of people who are out of work right now who would love to have this problem. If I organized my time better I could get most of this done after work during the week - so I'm really not good at this whole organization business because I know lots of people who work full-time and still get everything done. I need to be more perfect - I should totally be suzi homemaker - June Cleaver - and Oprah Winfrey rolled into one! I should have more time to spend with my grandkids, I should have more time to spend with Ray, I should be a better daughter, and the list goes on and on and on.

WOW! It can be a vicious cycle - no wonder my vacation felt so good - I didn't have to worry about any of those things and my stress level dropped dramatically.

Okay...I need to realize that I can only do the best I can and if that isn't good enough then I have to let it go. I need to focus on the things I am good at and work on the things that need help and then be happy because I am doing all that I can do. Somewhere in this equation I need to find time for me and find time to rest and enjoy life. This whole balance business can drive you crazy!

DEEP BREATH!!!!

I guess I will make a list of everything that needs to be done - I will check off the list as I go and if I don't get everything done I will push it to Monday night and work on it some more. Hopefully by next Friday I will have finished the list just in time to start a new one!

There will never be a time when everything is done, I will never have things sewn up and finished; but I will have peace of mind as I watch the check marks appear on the list and at least I will know that I am accomplishing something.

The dishes will continue to get dirty, the dust will continue to collect on the furniture, my kids and grandkids will grow older and the responsibilities I have will change. One thing that I know for sure will always be a constant is the clock on the wall and the calendar in my kitchen. Time marches on and it will never stop. Minutes tick by and days turn into weeks.

Time flies on wings of lightening - you cannot call it back!

Make the most of every today, becauses tomorrow is never a guarantee!

No comments: